The curriculum at Cambridge House Valencia
At Cambridge House British International School we follow the National Curriculum of England, along with meeting the Spanish schooling requirements of the Valencian government. This allows us to provide the excellence of the British education system with a global outreach from the age of three upwards.The National Curriculum of England promotes curiosity and confidence, equipping our students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in examinations and assessments. Our curriculum is designed to facilitate understanding of the world around us and to meet the challenges of the 21st century. We focus our efforts on making our students responsible and committed young people with the tools they need to succeed, whatever path they ultimately choose.
Immersion in English is total from the first day of school, at the age of three, although it is complemented by the learning of other languages such as Spanish, French, German or Italian as they progress their school years.
Personalised attention is a key pillar of our educational offer. We support our students so that they can progress at their own pace, without detriment to the general performance of the whole class, and achieve academic success.
In addition, our final year students receive a career and university guidance programme to help them set goals appropriate to their own abilities, supporting them every step of the way.
Educational stages at Cambridge House
The British education system is divided into the following stages:
- Early Years education (3 and 4 years)
- Key Stage 1: Primary Education, Year 1 and Year 2 (5 to 7 years)
- Key Stage 2: Primary Education, Year 3 to Year 6 (7 to 11 years)
- Key Stage 3: Secondary Education, Year 7 to Year 9 (11 to 14 years)
- Key Stage 4: Secondary Education, Year 10-Year 11 (15 to 16 years), culminating in IGCSE examinations.
- Key Stage 5: Year 12 and Year 13 (16 to 18 year olds), culminating in A-Level examinations.